Valentine Shortbreads with Raspberry & Crushed Cardamom Preserve
Cardamom is esteemed as an aphrodisiac and rightly so. What better way to seduce the heart of your desire with these tempting shortbread biscuits (aka Jammy Dodgers) made glorious with our Great Taste Award bestseller, Raspberry & Crushed Cardamom Preserve?
- 250g butter
- 140g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 375g plain flour
- Caster sugar for dusting
- Radnor Preserves' Raspberry & Crushed Cardamom Preserve
- Whip the butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy, beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract and fold in the sifted flour. Roll into ball, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C & line a couple of baking tins with greaseproof paper. Roll out shortbread and cut out heart shaped biscuits. For every other heart biscuit, cut out a mini heart in the middle.
- Place in oven and cook until their colour changes to pale gold (approx 8-10 minutes). Sprinkle with caster sugar and allow to cool on wire racks.
- Place a teaspoon of Raspberry & Crushed Cardamom Preserve in centre of full heart shortbread and place open heart on top. Serve and enjoy!
To buy Raspberry & Crushed Cardamom Preserve, click here